Year 5 had a visit this week from The Black Hole Planetarium. Everyone stepped into the darkness, inside the huge dome, to explore the wonders of space. We learnt all about the planets and stars and saw the constellations as they appear in the night sky. It was a wonderful experience, which the children won’t forget.
Year 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 had a special assembly from Parent Zone, where the children travelled to Interland and learned how to be Google Internet Legends:
- Be Internet Sharp:
- think before sharing,
- evaluate whether a piece of information is private or not,
- and think who will be able to see what is shared.
- Be Internet Alert:
- if an offer is too good to be true, is it a phishing scam?
- think what is real and what is fake,
- and think critically about information found online, is is true and is it from a trusted website?
- Be Internet Secure:
- keep personal information safe by creating unique passwords, combining characters, numbers and symbols.
- Be Internet Kind:
- spread positivity online,
- speak up against and report bullying,
- identify inappropriate behaviour.
- Be Internet Brave:
- when witnessing something inappropriate online, speak to a trusted adult about any concerns.
The children were keen to show off their best handwriting today as part of National Handwriting Day. Both the staff and children have been working hard to think of creative methods to develop handwriting.
What a day! Everyone looked amazing in their bright colours today – special mention to Mr Kelley for that shirt! Thanks to the generosity of our parents and families, the bring-n-buy sale was a great success! Our School Council, led did a brilliant job in organising the event. Be prepared for some creative Christmas gifts from the children this year.
Today, Year 5 have been developing their understanding of word classes. They worked in teams to group different words into nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, propositions and determiners before building sentences using words from the different classes.