Year 5 and 6 enjoyed a virtual visit with best selling author of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid, Jeff Kinney this morning. He showed us how he plans his stories, sharing extracts from his own diaries, and led us in a draw-a-long of Greg.
Here are some of the children’s thoughts on the virtual visit:
- I loved doing the draw-a-long.
- It was really funny when Jeff tried to draw blind-folded!
- Greg isn’t called Wimpy in Brazil as they don’t have that word. He’s called Banana Boy instead because that’s what his body looked like.
- It was interesting finding out why Jeff became a writer
- I can’t believe how long it took him to write his first book – 8 years!
- The drive-thru book signing looked amazing!